Sunlaker Journal

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

East Valley Tribune Recovers

On Monday, January 8, 2007, my world was turned upside down - comically speaking. Our local paper, the East Valley Tribune, totally changed the comics page on Monday. They deleted something like 18 of our old comic strips, kept 4, and added 12 strips. Most of the strips they added were ones that I stopped viewing in the 1950's. I sent a letter (via email) to the Editor complaining about the change.

The paper must have received a ton of complaints, because on Tuesday not only did they publish all the "old favorite" comic strips, but they also printed a second page with the comics they failed to publish on Monday. So today I had two full pages of comics to enjoy. I spent a lot of time reading many of them aloud to my wife, who also likes to have a laugh or two in the morning. We are both happy now that our comic strip world has returned to normal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home