Sunlaker Journal

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Wacom Game Tablet

Most Wacom tablets are bought for use with drawing programs, like Photoshop. That's why I bought mine. I have one of the higher level tablets, with all the buttons for control of the drawing features. Some people never use theirs. But I have discovered that they also make the greatest game boards.
I have mapped the Ctrl, Shift, F1 and F2 keys to the controls on the left side of my tablet. Now I can use them specifically for game maneuvering. I am playing Conquer, an online RPG, and the game lets you map game functions onto keyboard keys. So I am working with two mappings, and it really does a good job. Now I can avoid the problems that can develop from repetitive mouse use over time. At least this way I can switch back and forth to minimize the strain. Oh, and by the way - the game is fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home