Sunlaker Journal

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Conquer Online Gaming`

I have been playing an online game that my son introduced me to a few days ago. The game is named Conquer and it is a free RPG. It is played in real time, and the graphics are very good. You can find more info about it at http://www.conqueronline.com/ . They have links to download the program. I recommend downloading from the Site 2 (FTP) server, rather than the Site 1 server. The Site 1 server used BitComet which speeds the download and is probably necessary if you are on dial-up. But BitComet uses a PTP protocol which gives others access to your computer so they in turn can speed their download. But with the all the concern about PTP sharing, I just used the FTP link and it went fast enough (I have a cable modem) .

It is easy to play, and addictive. You can team with other players to take on the bad guys, and the winnings are shared among the teammates. I teamed with my son last night, and we played for an hour and a half. The great part is that he was on a business trip on South Carolina playing on his laptop at the hotel, and I was in Phoenix. But we played real time, and had a lot of fun.

I think I have found the youth of America. They are online playing games like this. Yesterday I teamed with a couple of players who said they were 14 years old. When asked how old I was, I replied "over 30". I figured that would be ancient enough to them, so I sluffed a few years off my real age. And that figure is still private. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home